SMART iQ system

SMART iQ Software 3.2

A new system software update for iQ technology on SMART Board interactive displays has been released. This will be automatically pushed out to the AM30, AM40, and AM50 appliances over-the-air (OTA) if you are on the Stable channel.

Learn more about this release, take a look at the release notes here: http://www.smarttech.com/en/kb/171397

New Features:

• System software
    • Using SMART Remote Management, you can deploy third-party applications to SMART Board interactive displays.
    • On education models, SMART Notebook Player is now the default whiteboard. When you tap New Whiteboard icon, the Player app opens.
    • When searching in the Files Library, you can now open a file's containing folder.
    • Ukrainian language support.
    • Multi-region support
  • SMART Notebook Player
    • New backgrounds for pages in SMART Notebook files and whiteboards.
    • Pages can be expanded.
Here are some videos demonstrating the above new features:

Automatic Software Updates
iQ system software version 3.2 will automatically update on AM30, AM40, or AM50 appliances, as long the appliance has an active network connection (WiFi or Ethernet) and the system is left idle (no user interaction) for 4 or more hours.

What we’re looking for feedback on:

If you’re looking at the iQ 3.2 software for the first time, we are looking for feedback around the new features mentioned above. Feedback about any portion of the iQ experience is welcome, however. Give feedback by adding, voting and commenting on ideas. Just scroll down to the end of these instructions to find the entry form and existing ideas.

Here are some things to try:

• Notebook Player – Create a new whiteboard and try adding a page background.
  • Notebook Player – Using a finger, pan on the whiteboard to expand the canvas for more space.
  • Create Whiteboard files by creating a Shout it Out! activity. Press the + tile to start a new page. Try this as your Whiteboard surface
  • Create folders in the files library and drag and drop your content into your new folders
  • Screen Share: Try streaming media from the YouTube app on your iOS or Android device to the board.
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add language support for Hebrew

Smarttech needs to expand their Language support, particularly Hebrew needs to be added.. this is the list that you ONLY support which is quite limited at best.

iQ system software
    Supported languages:
    Danish
    Dutch
    English
    French
    German
    Italian
    Japanese
    Korean
    Norwegian
    Russian
    Simplified Chinese
    Spanish
    Swedish
    Traditional Chinese
    Vietnamese

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add the input method "Cangjie" or "Hand writing" for Chinese

Please add the input method "Cangjie" or "Hand writing" for Chinese input. Sometime we need to search some picture or topic in Chinese at Browser. But now it is just only "Pinyin" input method for Chinese. The "Pinyin" is difficult for Hong Kong Users. Thanks !

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Browser  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. SMART Remote management

The "ADMINISTRATOR GUIDE" is not in detail, so many functions are no mention. The users are so confuse !

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Remote Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. RSS Feed

Wonder about a possibility to have updates related to the IQ Software. Published on a RSS feed.

Would that be possible?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. SMART Global Service Region

When you are logged into an account on the display.
    The option to change the region disappers in the settings.
    Despite no possibility to change it specifically on the SMART Account itself. Is that an intended feature?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Translation Error Swedish

Noticed that there were some translation errors in the MX IQ and regular IQ Software. Have attached your reference for attachment: #267708

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Ability to lock or disable video inputs :

We would like the ability to disable or force a specific video input.

There is no ability to disable inputs in the configuration of our SPNL-6000 series boards.
    Even better would be to be able to include this in the USB configuration file.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. SMART management console

Hello , could you enable the download in the chromium browser app in the IQ module?
    With the SMART remote management console i can install many files reader app
    Save and read the files downloaded by the browser could be very usefull
    Regards

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Remote Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Display usage Time in hours/minutes

Most commercial Displays and Projectors keep a usage/hour counter. This is vital for asset management and return on investment metrics.
    I.e. for establishing how often the screen is actually utilised by end users.
    Can we please access this feature from the remote management

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Whiteboard  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Kapp App/Whiteboard Support-Chromebooks

Chromebooks need to be supported by the Kapp app.

Currently the only way for our teachers to initiate a Whiteboard sharing session is by downloading and launching the app on their personal phones. When they download the app on their Chromebooks, it gets stuck on "connecting" after scanning the QR code. Smart support confirmed there is currently no support for Chromebooks/ChromeOS.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Whiteboard  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We’re working on a better whiteboard experience that can share directly through the cloud without needing another device.

Our Workspaces activity that’s currently available in SMART Learning Suite Online uses this new sharing capability now – for information on that, check out this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d6Of4Sc9bNA

We’ll assess the need to bring the kapp mobile app to Chrome OS later this summer.

11. Save Whiteboard to Google Drive

I would love to be able to save and share my Whiteboard creations directly to/from my Google Drive from within the Whiteboard app. Having to use the QR code to screenshot it is added steps that seems cumbersome.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the suggestion. Along with the planned ability to sign in to the board with a SMART Account, the cloud storage in SMART Learning Suite Online will allow synchronization with Google Drive and OneDrive. Look for this to start appearing in beta channel releases early in 2019.

12. Miracast UIBC

Implementing Miracast UIBC would let the touch/pens work over the same Miracast connection Screen Share uses allowing for a truly wireless connection

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Screen Share  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Add text to the whiteboard

I would like to be able to add text to the whiteboard instead of just ink.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Browser  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the feedback. We made this experience the same as other touch devices like phones and tablets to prevent typos. We wouldn’t want your accounts to be accidentally locked out from incorrect password attempts due to having no visual confirmation as to what letter was just pressed!

However, I understand that this isn’t desirable in a public place like in front of a classroom. We’ll consider your suggestion.

15. iQ 3.0 in a shared environment like a school classroom

How can I use all the new features in iQ 3.0 if another teacher wants something completely different? Can you please create user accounts for that?

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We are working on the ability to sign in to your SMART Account on the board. Once this is enabled, your home screen and preferences will follow you wherever you sign in. This should allow different users on the same board to have separate profiles.

Or, you can continue to use the board in an anonymous shared context without signing in.

Look for this to come in 2019.

16. Saving on Notebook Player when using the SMART Ink app

When I upload an image with the SMART Ink App and then send it to the board there is no way for me to save the edits which I make to this! Every time I leave the document I lose all changes and it reverts to it's original saved format. When this be fixed?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notebook Player  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Freezing the whiteboard to current screen

Our teachers have requested to have a feature where they can freeze the whiteboard to the current state rather than it being movable with hand to the next white board empty space. The idea is to give the ability to the user to freeze the current whiteboard state so that users can write only on that white board and then if need be, unfreeze it to move to the next empty state. Currently it just moves and at times when teachers are writing it just moves randomly.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Access Google Drive via Storage Area

I would like to access my Google Drive while working with Smartamp. Right now I can only get access to content from downloads and storage area

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Change the home page in the web browser

Is there a way to set a home screen that the web browser will go to when you touch the browser icon, instead of taking you to the previously loaded webpage (which is most likely smart amp)

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Support a webcam/microphone for Google Hangouts

I want to use the web RTC version of Google Hangouts from the browser. Please support a webcam/microphone or even just a microphone for this.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base