SMART Ink

SMART Ink Beta Feedback page

Below you will find information on how to get the most recent beta version of SMART kapp iQ software, a summary of what’s new, known issues and release notes. To submit feedback, simply complete the form at the bottom of this page. Additionally, vote and comment on previously-submitted ideas.

SMART Ink v4 February Preview

We’re making an early preview available so interested users can try it out and provide feedback. This preview is for Windows 7/8/8.1/10 and Mac OSX 10.9/10.10/10.11 in English only. This is not an NDA release, so feel free to use this Ink preview build with students.

Get the preview here:
SMART Ink 4 February Preview: Windows
File size: 344,810,488 bytes

SMART Ink 4 February Preview: Mac
File size: 732,284,743 bytes

You do not need to uninstall your current SMART Ink version before installing the Ink 4.0 February Preview.

The Ink 4 February Preview is a prerelease version and you may encounter bugs. We appreciate your willingness to try things out and are open to all types of feedback. If you decide you’d like to return to the currently shipping version of Ink, download and install the SMART Drivers package from here: Drivers and Ink 3.2 for Windows | Drivers and Ink 3.2 for Mac

What’s new?

New in February Preview:

• Notebook Pens on SMART Ink overlays – Notebook Pens (with the exception of Text Pen) now work on all SMART Ink annotation overlays.

• Shapes made with Shape Recognition Pen are made of ink – When you’re using the Shape Recognition Pen on SMART Ink overlays, the shapes it creates are made out of ink, and you can erase them with the eraser. (Note in the picture above…)
  • Stroke preview expands to show Notebook Pen states – Stroke Preview now displays information about the state of Notebook Pens in the center of a pen’s dynamic toolbar.

• Magic Pen on SMART Ink overlays – Magic Pen supports disappearing ink and drawing ellipses to Spotlight on SMART Ink overlays. (Note: Drawing rectangles to zoom is not yet supported.)

• Smart state in the Ink toolbar – When you have a pen selected that doesn’t work in the context of the application that’s currently in the foreground (for example, you have Text Pen selected and you have a browser in the foreground) the status in the center of the Ink toolbar will change to reflect the style of regular pen that will work in that context.
  • Notification when SMART Ink doesn’t work with a particular app/window – When you have an application that SMART Ink can’t put an annotation overlay on automatically the state of the dynamic toolbar will change to let you know you can’t use SMART Ink with that window. In the future, we’ll allow users to turn an overlay on manually.

What we’re looking for feedback on:

If you’re looking at the Ink 4 February preview for the first time, we’re looking for feedback around the new features mentioned above. Feedback about any portion of the Ink 4 experience is welcome, however. Give feedback by adding, voting and commenting on ideas. Just scroll down to the end of these instructions to find the entry form and existing ideas.

Here are some things to try:

1. Use Ink like you would normally. Ink in Notebook, or in other applications you use frequently.
  2. Try Notebook Pens on SMART Ink overlays.
  3. Try using Magic Pen to Spotlight.

Known issues:

1. If setup shows Drivers and Ink options as disabled, please check the file size of your install package against the file sizes listed above by the download links. This behavior is a side effect of trying to install a partially downloaded package. Try downloading again.
  2. You may need to manually start Ink on Mac after installing.
  3. The pen state in the dynamic toolbar may not always change automatically when toggling between applications.
  4. Some fullscreen transparent windows (such as one that’s created when sharing desktop on Lync/Skype) can cause the “Can’t ink here” state to appear in the toolbar.
  1. Ability to disable finger touch input

Would it be possible to add a function to disable finger touch input? We got the new Smart Podium SP624 and don't need the touch input it only creates small useability problems for our users.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Ink v4.0  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Chrome doesn't respond - is it an Inking issue?

We run Windows 10 and use a Chrome web browser. This school year we have had issues when using inking on web pages. Chrome will freeze & the error message is "Chrome is not responding". We have to close Chrome, restart and reinstate the web pages. Happens every time I present with our SMART panels. We had issues with Inking & responding to touch earlier and have upgraded to SMART 18 - sadly, this issue continues. Anyone else report this?
    Thank you.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Ink v4.0  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Shortcuts

Considering simplicity, it would be great if the touch inking tool supported one or two program shortcuts, say Notebook and maybe OneNote, for a more seamless experience

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Narrator Pen

I would love love to see a way to have text read aloud that is highlighted from SMARTink (a big undertaking i"m sure) but this would be game changing for kids learning to read or with dyslexia or special needs.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. The smart ink doesn't work with interchange 5 th edition presentation plus software.

The smart ink doesn't work with interchange 5 th edition presentation plus software.
    It worked on the previous edition but not on this one.

Cambridge interchange a a major course book used for English as a second language. Can you add support to it?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Creative pens

I wish there were more options for creative pens- the kids adore these tools but more variety would be great!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Problems installing

I am unable to install SMART Ink 4. I have been able to install prior versions.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Writing in an pdf file

It tried to write in a pdf file. I opened it in the SMART document viewer (which is my standard programm in school), but I couldn't write. I was able to choose pens and colours in Ink, but I could just use my finger as mouse...

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Make the Stamp Pad work in SMART amp workspaces

Work with the SMART amp team to enable the Stamp Pad in amp workspaces.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Ink v4.0  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

SMART Ink

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base