SMART Board Hardware

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

116 results found

1. The AM60 IQ Compliance Module is considered an enhancement by SMART, but I find it very annoying that our MX-board need to boot in to the on-board PC, instead of just booting into the AM60 Module.

WHen I insert an AM60 Module, the onboard PC should be downgraded to a bridge and just allow the module to function as the primary system device.

At the same time, it is not possible to use the Smart Board's physical buttons with the module. They should be bound to the module when activated.

That would enhance the experience and make the AM60 module…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the idea. Our engineering teams have started on implemented this to make the AM60 an integrated module when connected to the display. We're expecting to deliver this in an upcoming iQ firmware update.

2. Smart Boards do not Auto lock after inactivity. This means that anybody can walk up to the Smartboard and access a users data at any time a user does not remember to lock their board manually. Files can be uploaded to the user's cloud storage, etc.
    Fix: Provide an option to auto lock the smartboard with pin code after a period of inactivity.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. We really need replacement pens and it is VERY disappointing that Smart has none and is not helping their customers.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. On Smartboard 6000S and MX, in the settings of the SMART Mirror app, integrate the menu item and function as with the 6000S v3 Miracast so that all teachers can use the same APP.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Sticky notes appear in the top right hand corner of the screen when using the GX series board. It would be more pedagogically correct to appear at the top left hand of the screen. In English we work from left to right. (I know we can move them but to reinforce this left to right working for our young users, it just seems wrong!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. At the moment, I have several instructors using my boards. They all have the work account on the AM60 (for security issues) but in order for them to log in to the board, I need to login first with my ID, apparently because I am the Admin account holder. This is a serious issue with usage especially when I am not in the office and I need to give instructors my PIN number.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. It would be great for Smart Podium 624 to include a setting that makes the touch-screen respond ONLY to the stylus, not the user's hand. Currently, if your hand accidentally touches the screen as you annotate a slide, it causes the objects (text boxes, images, etc) on the Smart Notebook slide to jump around. Even palm-rejection gloves don't prevent this from happening.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. The school has 50 to 70 teachers, ranging from pre-school to high school. It is challenging for them to set up the Smart ID cards individually in front of the panel. This is not efficiency & security for the school.

Is there a possibility for Smart ID card setup via cloud-based platforms, web pages, Smart Remote management, or other means?
    And can the ID/Password be configured in bulk using a CSV file to synchronize with the Smart ID cards, under the administration of the school's IT staff.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Have a Freeze button on the remote control to freeze and unfreeze the screen easily with one click.

Rather than a button that does multiple things and having to hold the button for ten seconds.

The Freeze button is the most important button on the remote control.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. While SmartBoard do support the installation of TLS certificates for use with cloud-based filtering and 802.1X EAP protocols for wireless authentication, They do not support 802.1X EAP-TLS for certificate-based authentication and it is not possible generating a CSR from the SMART Display required for 802.1X EAP-TLS certificate-based authentication.

This is highly desirable from a security point of view

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Teachers with hearing imparied students would like to connect a wireless microphone to the SMART board's audio line out port (e.g., Phonak Roger touchscreen microphone) so that the audio an be broadcast to students with corresponding hearing aids. At the same time, the board's internal speakers should continue to work so that students in the classroom can hear audio from the board.

Currently, when something is plugged into audio line out, no audio comes out of the speakers.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Either have a software update that better detects the thick end of the pen, or design and replace the physical pens with a thicker thick end, so they mis-detect less frequently as the thin end. Video below:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z3xcVsPWRz8

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. A red button that sits on top of your window - when the teacher or student desires, they push the button and it starts a timed "dance break" with a preselected song. The background could shift to something that matches the beat or music. This could be utilized for a brain break or as a reward for a student's performance (or just a fun way to occasionally connect to your students)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Some of our fed gov customers (eg: US Navy) has requested for a solution to disable RJ45 ports on High Secure TAA panels (eg: M Pro). They dont want users in the room to connect to internet at all.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Smart Boards do not Auto lock after inactivity. This means that anybody can walk up to the Smartboard and access a users data at any time a user does not remember to lock their board manually. Files can be uploaded to the user's cloud storage, etc.

Fix: Provide an option to auto lock the smartboard with pin code after a period of inactivity.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Is it possible to re-image an AM-60? Similar to PC images that school districts use. The idea is that all the apps that teachers would use or are allowed to use would be already on the image and then the play store could be blocked or disabled. this could also help if the teachers don't want to sign in on a device and worry about a student coming in and deleting data.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Would love a larger cursor when connecting my computer to the board.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. I would love to share this with other colleagues.
    So it would be great if we can log in separately - multiple user login... just like a regular computer.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. I would like the option to disable the popup for switching inputs when you plug something in. Our staff uses multiple inputs and that popup just gets in the way. One froze on the screen for a whole day and the teacher had to work around it. If it is going to be useful, we should have the option to keep it up long enough to be able to get to it before it goes away. So length of time options as well as disabling would be nice.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. I've had several customers comment on how they would like to be able to adjust the touch screen sensitivity. The main reason would be to decrease the sensitivity to avoid false triggers.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 6
  • Don't see your idea?