SMART Notebook

Our team is working hard towards improving the product, and we would love to get your feedback on features and issues. Also, check back often to vote on ideas and see where your ideas are in the pipeline.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. please bring back the random number generator

I miss the old flash number generator. The only way to do a number generator now is clunky and limited only to 99.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  [Latest] Notebook 18.0  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add a "preview" feature to LAB activities.

It would be great to have a preview feature so we can see how the content will look before finishing it and using it with students.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  [Latest] Notebook 18.0  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. PLEASE enable some form of equation editor or Math Type for SmartLab activities such as Smart Response, Monster Quiz and Game Shows.

Please enable an equation editor function for Smartlab activities. Currently not able to use any and this is prohibitive as Maths teachers cannot enter any maths functions. Originally Smart Response did have an equation editor and this was fantastic - but the new SR doesn't permit this which is a huge step backwards. Not practical to type up a function / equation / expression in something like word then snip it and save it and then import this as an image - that is far too clunky and time-consuming. Also the great activities in SmartLab do not have the ability…

32 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Math Type

Equation Editor does not have the ability to put in Limits, Logs or Matricies... the old Math tools did this!!!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  [Latest] Notebook 18.0  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Dice with more than 6 sides, eg 10 sided dice or a 12 sided dice.

More options with the dice interactive. To be able to choose how many sides the dice has.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Enlarging Text & Pictures within the interactive activites in Smart lab

When creating an activity in Smart lab sometimes the font is too small to be read if it is longer than a few words and pictures are sometimes too small when the students use their phones. I would love to be able to change and increase font size for review on my board. Or, if there was a hover feature that would temporarily enlarge an object or text.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Today's date

Can we have a date that updates it self on the board? Just like the interactive timers/clocks but an interactive date.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  [Latest] Notebook 18.0  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Make it possible to set the calligraphic pen as standard as standard / default pen in SMART Notebook.

Make it possible to set the calligraphic pen as standard as standard / default pen in SMART Notebook.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Auto-Save Function on 18.1

Provide an option for "auto-save" so you don't have to manually save before shutting down, replacing files and saving new versions, etc.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Integration with Canvas LMS

Need integration with Canvas LMS

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Send Notebookfile as PDF directly to Google Classroom

Send Notebookfile as PDF directly to Google Classroom

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Insert MP4, and other format videos as objects and not attachments locally and not from Youtube. You can do this, just program it.Thanks

Insert MP4, and other format videos as objects and not attachments locally and not from Youtube. You can do this, just program it.

Also, powerpoint doesn't import videos into Smart Notebook. If a video from Powerpoint can't be imported into Smart Notebook when importing Powerpoint, the powerpoint import is not functional. Fix it completely or remove it.

Add version Notebook 19.0 to the above list as latest. The feature request is now up to version 19. Thanks again.

Thanks

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. When I open Superkids on the MX board IQ I would like it to open to full screen and not have to hook it up to my computer. thanks for your

When I open Superkids, I would like it to open as a full screen without having to hook it up to a computer. Thank you for your consideration.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notebook 14.0  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Grouping Equations with other objects

When I make an equation and let's say a graph, I cannot group them so that I can move them together.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. resize objects

You cannot resize the width and height differently or manipulate objects by cropping them like you can in powerpoint. What if I don't want the resize to be the same ratio?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. The ability to embed any web content

websites like Thinglink have interactive content that would work well in Notebook if they could be embedded. Annotations could be added around the content for students too make notes

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. the epson projector should work with the pen on "mouse" setting with smart notebook software!!

the epson projector and pen should work on "mouse" setting with smart notebook software!! my old district had smart boards and the new one does not.. I would love to show them how helpful this board is but I can't even use it with the pen on "mouse" setting... help!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Increase assessment short answer character limits

Increase assessment short answer character limit enough to accept full sentences or short paragraphs as answers. The current options are restricted to 25 characters.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. SLSO: name pages

It would be great to have the ability to name the pages in SLSO (like you can in Notebook), so once they are converted to a handout/workspace, you can still see what each page is without having to open them up.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Remove Students

Remove inappropriate student names from online activities and lab activities. When students use fake names to logon to activities can we please kick them out straight away, rather than remove all students.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 13 14
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base