2122 results found
-
combine lessons
I want to be able to "build" my online SMART Learning Suite Notebook AND use it with students at the same time. So, I'd like to add to an existing file in a unit by uploading more pages to Smart Online Learning Suite from my Smart Notebook. In simple terms, I would like to be able to create on Smart Notebook, go to Smart Online Learning Suite, click on an existing lesson, click edit, push the + at the bottom of the file, and upload more pages from Smart Notebook to turn them into collaborative learning pages. That way, as…
14 votes -
Smart Notebook to Learning Suite Changeover
My school district has eliminated Smart Notebook for us and we now only have access to Learning Suite. I have hundreds of notebook files that I have downloaded from Smart Exchange or that I have created that have interactive pieces to them (ie. use the eraser to reveal an answer, click on something to have it move). When I upload them to Learning Suite they do not work anymore. Can you please work on having the interactiveness transfer over. Also it would be great if we could create a new lesson without starting with an activity or assessment.
14 votes -
Need to be able to create new files and have feature parity w/ traditional SMART Notebook
My district currently utilizes the free Limited Mode version of SMART Notebook. We are interested in Smart Learning Suite Online, but before we can buy, I need SLSO to allow users to create NEW notebook file. We are a G Suite for Education district and are in a transition to Chromebooks. Our teachers have Windows computers currently, but we cannot adopt any solution that precludes the use of a Chromebook as an option for a planned purchase of new faculty laptops in June 2021. We are looking to establish a recommended and supported standard for our teacher's instructional and interactive…
14 votesThank you for taking the time to send us such thorough feedback. We do plan on expanding on our lesson creation feature set in 2019. However, since Notebook is a large and complex application, we would really appreciate feedback on the prioritization of different creation features. If you don’t mind, please reply to this message, and we can reach out to you directly about the details.
-
add images to questions
Instead of characters could we upload an image for a question in speed race, game show and monster quiz.
14 votesHi. Thanks for your feedback. We will consider this for our backlog.
-
Have students able to contribute their work as a screen capture of their work
Allow an option for Shout it out to be capture screen shot of lesson page that students worked out a problem.
14 votesThank you for your suggestion. This capability will be realized in a brand new Workspace activity soon, where students can easily share their ideas using multimedia tools with the whole class. No need for screenshots. Students will see each other’s work in the same shared space.
-
PLEASE add a CROP tool/button to CROP images, as it takes hours currently to save and screen shot each individual AAC image before uploading
PLEASE add a CROP tool/button to CROP images, as it takes hours currently to save and screenshot each individual AAC picture symbol image before uploading. Additionally, if I try to upload a PPT that I have already made (after spending hours cropping all existing images and visuals) all of the pictures that I previously cropped blow up and I am left without any option or button to re-crop the images, leaving me to seek other tools with a crop button where this is an option.
13 votes -
Please make Haitian Creole a read aloud language.
We have a lot of students who speak Haitian Creole. We need the language to be read aloud like the Spanish feature in immersive reader. Thank you so much!
13 votesacknowledged ·
AdminSMART Technologies Product Management
(Product Manager, SMART Technologies)
responded
Thanks for the feedback. We are partnering with Microsoft for the Immersive Reader. Please reach out to Microsoft to add Haitian Creole to the Immersive Reader.
-
I'd like a visual timer widget to add to slides. I like to leave directions up & embed visual timers so Ss know what they are doing & Time
I'd like a visual timer widget to add to slides. I like to leave directions up & embed visual timers so Ss know what they are doing & time remaining. I make a visual timer in PowerPoint so just the shape slowly disappears until time is up, and then there is a chime to let everyone know time has ended. I don't like to use #s because sometimes kiddos pay too much attention to the numbers.
13 votes -
files
We now have folders to organize files into on the Lumio site, which is SUPER helpful.....until I go to my board and realize the folders don't exist there. Having to scroll through 200+ files to find the one I want is very frustrating, especially when the only options to sort them is by name or date modified. We need the files we organized on our Lumio account to also keep that organization and show the files in the My Files>Lumio Files section.
13 votes -
Virtual Stickers/ Ready Made Responses
When looking over student handouts it would be great to have a set of motivational stickers -smile faces etc. to place on students pages as they work. I usually search for smile faces to add to the student handouts, however I need to start a new search for each handout. It is time consuming. Please consider an option for teacher phrases or stickers to provide quick feedback to the students.
13 votes -
Remove limit on number of object that can be selected
Why is there a limit on the number of objects that can be selected while editing? This really limits my ability to create Lumio lessons. I was making a music worksheet and found that there was a limit of 50 objects that could be selected with Command - A.
13 votesunder review ·
AdminSMART Technologies Product Management
(Product Manager, SMART Technologies)
responded
Thanks for your feedback. We put in a limit of 50 for performance considerations. We'll look to increase this limit to a more reasonable number to support your use cases.
Also, if you are multi-selecting many objects, you can shift click and drag to marquee select them quickly.
-
Allow for audio files to transfer from Smart Notebook files!!!!
Please please please allow for the transfer of existing audio files embedded in Smart Notebook files! As a music teacher, most of my Smart Notebook files have audio attachments (e.g. accompaniment tracks, primary songs, instrument sounds, etc) and they are not transferring over when I convert the files to Lumio. Alot of work went into creating those files, and I do not have some of the music tracks anymore. They are only accessible through the Notebook files. Please add a feature that would allow for transferring those audio files. It would also be great to have a feature that allows…
13 votes -
Download the SLSO lesson back in NOTEBOOK
After I edited the slides on SLSO, I can't download them back. I would like to add the feature that will allow us to download the edited slides so that I can update my original NOTEBOOK file.
13 votes -
Great to see music on SMART. Request: Add bar lines, time signatures e.g. 4/4, 3/4, quavers, semiquavers to music manipulatives
Add bar lines, time signatures e.g. 4/4, 3/4, quavers, semiquavers to music manipulative
13 votes -
Voice instead of text
When students work collaboratively, I hope they can submit a voice recording instead of typing an answer, such as in "shout it out".
13 votes -
Save to Google Drive
Given that we can create an SLS file from within Google Drive and log into SLS with our school google IDs, it's frustrating that a file created from the Smart Learning Suit online cannot be saved to Drive. I'd love to see this made easier.
13 votes -
Quick Access link with class code already embeded into the URL for an efficient way to access the lesson.
By providing a link with the class code embedded younger students student will easily access teacher content. This will also provide an easy way for teachers to post their lessons into Google Classroom with the link.
13 votes -
ability of the randomizer feature to randomize students logged into your class
I like the randomizer feature within the hat, but it would be nice to add an additional option for the randomizer to randomly select one of the students currently signed into my class. Instead of having to assign each child to a number and then randomly selecting a number.
13 votes -
Adding Text boxes in Collaborative Activities in SLSO
Adding Text boxes in Collaborative Activities in SLSO
I mean when converting a slide into an activity teachers would like to have the option for students to choose between inking with the pen and adding text for students who have non touch devices.13 votes -
Be able to copy questions from monster quiz to assessment
I would like to be able to copy a monster quiz into an assessment OR I would like to able to see individual student responses from a monster quiz.
13 votes
- Don't see your idea?