2120 results found
-
quick sight reading
I would love to be able to use an activity for quick sight reading - in German it is called "Blitzlesen". A word should disappear for a a second or two and then dissolve quickly.
1 vote -
Log in from Multiple Devices as a Teacher
Log in from Multiple Devices as a Teacher
I do stations. I would like to deliver my Lumio Live session with one group and watch another group doing a different Lumio Lesson with a shared link. I would do this by using 2 different devices or on 2 tabs wihton the browser. Currently, it logs me off of a session when I view another group.
1 vote -
Pace, Pause, Hide Screens & Restrict Audio
Pace, Pause, Hide Screens
Pace - Restrict screens when students have a shared link. Sometimes, I have a worked-out example on the next screen. I don't want students to see this. Otherwise, they will cheat and just copy the answer. Also, I need to sometimes need to do a Lumio lesson in 2 days and want to keep the same file.
Pause/Unpause - Don't let students update an answer to an individual handout. I need to see student work before a student is allowed to update it. Also, great for pausing HW after due date.
Hide - Hide a screen…1 vote -
color picker
It would be great to have the eye dropper tool in the color options when creating. Then you could have all the colors the same throughout. Also if it would save your colors page to page.
When you are at the top of a page your color choices are hidden at the top of the page.3 votes -
instant start
When using Instant Start, it creates too many separate files for teachers to keep track of. May be better if this lived in the space when you are already in the whiteboard (so in a lesson, click plus you have whiteboard, whole class, shout it out and desmos, maybe instant start could be a 5th option).
Currently, to add these, you have to go out to edit mode, but this way if a teacher wanted true instant start all they would do is create a blank whiteboard file and add what they want, or could have more instant options while…1 vote -
Audio
It would be great if we could record audio in the activities, like matching. For example I could say "Cat" and then they would match it with the picture or word. Or if they are sorting it would be great to be able to add audio instead of just pic or word. This is super helpful for my low students and even ELL students.
4 votes -
Have a live session so students can work out with games at their level
I have 0th grade. They can't receive links to my games in Lumio so they can play from there without having to wait until everyone is finished. Is there a way to make it so that you can set the students free to just play from there via a live session?
1 vote -
3 votes
-
Create Notebook .nbk file export option for Lumio activities
After creating an entire library of interactive activities for fellow teachers, it would be great if there were a way to export Lumio activities into Notebook files for downloads as our Internet connection is spotty at best.
2 votes -
Show multiple Individual Responses for Handouts
Teachers are requesting to be able to show more than 1 individual response for handouts set to be completed individually. They would like to be able to view more than 1 at a time to make comparisons.
1 vote -
Adding Persian/ Farsi to the list of languages used in Lumio
It would be greatly appreciated if Persian (Farsi) could be added to the list of supported languages for creating all games and activities. This would significantly benefit instructors teaching Persian to non-native learners and greatly enhance the learning experience for students. Expanding language support to include Farsi would not only make the platform more inclusive and accessible, but would also likely increase the number of Persian-speaking users and educators joining and actively using the website.
1 vote -
Please allow us to import or create our own slide deck theme when creating a lesson with AI.
When using AI to create lessons, we have a handful of themes to select from but sometimes these themes do not match the content and that would be very impactful for relevancy or when teaching social concepts (cultures, etc.)
1 vote -
book creator editing
Lumio Library- Book Creator - book creator books request to be able to edit those books
Many school boards who use Book Creator, especially special education dept provide premium licences for Self contained/ spec ed classes. A key limitation is that they are currently Read-Only. The ability/option to edit and customize the book and complete activities in that actual Book Creator book would be essential for most school districts. Without an editing function, teachers may bypass the Lumio Library and continue creating and modifying the content directly in Book Creator, not using Lumio at all.2 votes -
Speaker icon in objects w sound should be optional
I made many Lumio files years ago for my middle school music classes that had objects with attached sound files. Click on the object and you would hear a note or a chord or an interval, etc. I was originally a Montessori teacher, so my emphasis was always on a simplicity of design - both for aesthetic and instructional purposes. No distracting elements.
I don't remember the Lumio version number I used when I made my Lumio manipulatives, but there were no speaker icons attached to objects that I made with sound files attached. I understand that there was some…1 vote -
youtube
enable embedding youtube videos in a slide, along with having other content available, like in google slides
1 vote -
Import Mimio.ink Files
Is it possible to convert Mimio.ink files to Lumio lessons?
1 vote -
I want to embed content from any source, within reason. I can't even embed a PowerPoint or anything else.
I want to embed content from any source, within reason. I can't even embed a PowerPoint or anything else. I can't get any resource to successfully embed in a Lumio presentation.
1 vote -
Hyperlink a Lumio to a lesson plan or elsewhere
Teachers need to be able to hyperlink their lessons to their lesson plans, or other necessary places, so we can either start a new session or work in an existing session. I can send a link for the students to do a lesson themselves. I can send a link to a Lumio to another teacher so they can add it to their library. How do teachers send it to themselves without digging for it through our Lumio Library?
1 vote -
Have "Review" Bar during Class Sessions be able to be minimized
When using Class Sessons, there is a giant yellow "REVIEW" on the bottom. You can move it, but you cannot minimize it.
Why can't you minimize it?
Have this be able to collapse and minimize. It gets in the way when teaching.
4 votes -
Youtube Previews on the Thumbnail Images
I love using Lumio and all its features! One improvement should be that once a YouTube video is added as a slide, that a preview of the videos appears in slide's thumbnail image in the sidebar.
4 votes
- Don't see your idea?