133 results found
-
Timestamp of student work when completing student paced assignment
I would love to be able to see when students completed student paced assignments
12 votes -
Make custom recipes in the widget wall sharable to others
Widget wall is really terrific! I would love the ability to create one that I can then share to others teachers, either in my department or to others in the school.
11 votes -
Resize Checklists within Widget Wall
The Widget Wall checklist can be enlarged to a certain point and begins to cut off parts of the text when you get to a size where the text is larger than the available space. This is important for when teachers have larger rooms and the students in the back of the class need to see what is included in the checklist.
7 votes -
Widget Wall Split Screen Resizing
It would greatly benefit teachers if Widget Walls would resize to fit the entire screen when in split screen mode or if it were scrolable. Right now you only see half of the wall in split screen and you are unable to scroll to see the widgets on the other (hidden) half.
7 votes -
Widget Wall Recipes accessible from both the browser and app
Widget Wall have been well received by teachers, but we found that Recipes saved on Lumio (web browser) do not appear in the Lumio app and therefore need to be re-created. This is important because it's much easier to use a laptop to create more text heavy widgets (class lists, instructions, checklist, etc).
7 votes -
Save an edited session back to My Library as a new file
Currently, when teachers edit a Session, those edits only apply to the Session itself and are not reflected in the original file in My Library. Teachers have asked for a way to preserve the edits they make during or after delivery without carrying over the student work.
This idea proposes adding the ability to save an edited Session back to My Library as a new file.
This would:
- Preserve all teacher edits made to the Session.
- Exclude student work so the file is clean for reuse.
- Allow teachers to keep an updated version of their lesson/assignment without needing to manually…
46 votes -
Bring back full screen for camera app
The camera app used to take up the entire screen and now if only displays on half the screen. I would like you to update the camera app to allow for full screen again. As an art teacher only having half the space on the screen is impeding student learning.
3 votes -
Include an "extend page" button at the bottom of each slide
Include an "extend page" button at the bottom of each slide so that you can increase the amount of writable page space.
3 votes -
2 votes
-
default teacher handout or dashboard for all pages
In live mode, if teacher has selected "Teacher handout," subsequent handout pages should default to "teacher handout" while in live mode. If teacher has selected "Dashboard," subsequent pages should default to "Dashboard" mode.
2 votes -
Object Animation (i.e., for Tap & Reveal feature)
SMART Notebook's Object Animation/"fade in" feature has been an integral part of my lessons and I am so disappointed Lumio does not have it. Tapping to reveal information (in words or images) is such a powerful way for my students to engage with the material and review previously taught concepts. I am begging you to add it to Lumio.
I create so many fun activities with this feature- for example my elementary Science students are obsessed with a game called "Spot Spot behind the [insert a concept we're currently learning]" and they tap the correct object or part of a…
1 vote -
provide feedback without students editing
I work with about 100 4th graders and only use Lumio asynchronously. I have them record a short passage and answer comprehension questions weekly. I would like a way to end the activity but allow students to see feedback I currently have them turn in a paper with their answers and I provide feedback on their paper regarding their fluency and comprehension. I would like to avoid the paper part. I also don't want them altering their work attempts. I want the students to see progress and growth over time.
44 votes -
Class settings Screen
The Class Screen menu could be improved to make it easier and faster for teachers to use during a live lesson.
I attached a mockup image with a few possible changes. One suggestion is to make Live Mode and Review Mode more visible as buttons, with the background color changing to show which mode is currently active. This would make it easier for teachers to quickly know what mode they are in and switch modes when needed.
Another suggestion is to make better use of the space for student names. During class, teachers do not want to spend time scrolling…
1 vote -
Is it possible for the Lumio student screen switch to teacher handout for the students when I am working out an example so I don't have to
Is it possible for the Lumio student screen switch to teacher handout for the students when I am working out an example so I don't have to continue to go back to edit each time I want them to see me work out an example live.
5 votes -
beta slide next
In the Beta version, you can shrink the toolbar but you can not shrink the button menu button where you move between slides. This slide menu bar blocks parts of the slide and it is important that the whole screen is available.
2 votes -
toggle game start button
When a In teacher led mode, when you arrive at the handout or game based activity the teacher should have control to explain the next steps before toggle on of the activity
For example: Before the student can press the "start button" for a super sort I should toggle on the "start button so that I fully control the pacing so that the student hears instructions rather than jumping in
2 votes -
Add extend page option on Lumio
I upload all of my Smart Notebook files to Lumio for use with my classes. Students in the back have a hard time seeing text at the bottom of the page. I would love the option to "Extend Page" like we have on Smart Notebook.
7 votes -
Record my Lesson
Record my entire lesson with writing and voice for students that were absent or on homebound.
5 votes -
Log in from Multiple Devices as a Teacher
Log in from Multiple Devices as a Teacher
I do stations. I would like to deliver my Lumio Live session with one group and watch another group doing a different Lumio Lesson with a shared link. I would do this by using 2 different devices or on 2 tabs wihton the browser. Currently, it logs me off of a session when I view another group.
1 vote -
Pace, Pause, Hide Screens & Restrict Audio
Pace, Pause, Hide Screens
Pace - Restrict screens when students have a shared link. Sometimes, I have a worked-out example on the next screen. I don't want students to see this. Otherwise, they will cheat and just copy the answer. Also, I need to sometimes need to do a Lumio lesson in 2 days and want to keep the same file.
Pause/Unpause - Don't let students update an answer to an individual handout. I need to see student work before a student is allowed to update it. Also, great for pausing HW after due date.
Hide - Hide a screen…1 vote
- Don't see your idea?