SMART Board Hardware

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

34 results found

1. The AM60 IQ Compliance Module is considered an enhancement by SMART, but I find it very annoying that our MX-board need to boot in to the on-board PC, instead of just booting into the AM60 Module.

WHen I insert an AM60 Module, the onboard PC should be downgraded to a bridge and just allow the module to function as the primary system device.

At the same time, it is not possible to use the Smart Board's physical buttons with the module. They should be bound to the module when activated.

That would enhance the experience and make the AM60 module…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. The school has 50 to 70 teachers, ranging from pre-school to high school. It is challenging for them to set up the Smart ID cards individually in front of the panel. This is not efficiency & security for the school.

Is there a possibility for Smart ID card setup via cloud-based platforms, web pages, Smart Remote management, or other means?
    And can the ID/Password be configured in bulk using a CSV file to synchronize with the Smart ID cards, under the administration of the school's IT staff.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Hello, I may have a unique request. My school district recently acquired the SMART Board MX series for our classrooms in order to replace our aging projectors. I frequently use to the pause function to flip through slides on my computer, which is tethered to the board. (It works better for me than using it as an extended display). While paused, the old projector would display a small, unobtrusive "freeze" message in the top right corner. I could flip back and forth subtly, with minimal visual disturbance for my students. On the SMART Board however, it displays a huge pause…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Would love a larger cursor when connecting my computer to the board.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. We have an Smart Board MX086-V2 and at some time the on-screen keyboard started to not pop-up when the signal from our PC with Windows 10 is shown in the board. The on-screen keyboard works well with the board menus (settings and so on) and even when Windows is configured in tablet mode. But with normal mode of Windows we are forced to use the Windows virtual keyboard. SmartTech support says it is a bug in the latest V2 drivers (we have an MX086-V4 working well). Please consider an update in the Windows drivers or the board embedded system to…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Hi, I would like to have the possibilities to add a new whiteboard page lower down, for example to press the plus sign (like it is in Lumio).
    We also had recognize that the picture with three clocks is under the label manipulatives but there is no interactivity, so it should be under the label organizer instead.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Instead of coming out with the latest and greatest versions to mimic Apple’s unrealistic release schedule, please make your boards more module and spend the time to upgrade and update existing technology. Nothing says “Don’t buy more Smartboards” like knowing your current tech you just spent hundreds of thousands on is now headed for the discontinued section. Make the side input ports more modular and replaceable (HDMI 2.1 for instance), and include cameras, RFID readers and other future enhancements all as modules on current boards. I don’t know who thought it would be a good idea to have your current…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. As a high school math teacher we use a lot of graphing calculators as well as desmos. Is there a way we could get a graphing calculator emulator (like wabbitemu) so we can show them what buttons to press on?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. It would be nice to have gestures for SMART Mirror, like being able to scroll a webpage.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Would LOVE if when we download a PowerPoint to the Smart Panel if it would automatically open in Lumio

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Implement video support on the MX v2 series to allow 16:10 aspect ratio via a firmware update. The school I provide technical support for have acquired laptops with a native 1920x1200 resolution requires recalibration/orient and we're hoping to maximise screen real estate on the SMARTBoards

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Please update the V2 iQH811 boards to actually turn off the on-screen keyboard when a physical keyboard is plugged in. As of now the toggle does nothing but the toggle works on newer boards. Please continue to support older hardware (that is not really old at all).

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Need to have a way to login to the board with Google account that does not require entering username and password on the screen. Also need a way to enter the screen lock PIN without having to do it on the board.
    Not practical or secure to do this in front of a class full of students!
    Best solution would be through app that connects to board that teacher can login with so it is not seen on board.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Problem with MX V3 and V3N HDMI controller settings.
    V2 and V2-C had an option for advanced HDMI settings where a customer could set HDMI standard (1.4b or 2.0), HPD impulse, MHL settings and quick USB switching.

We noticed that in some regions a lot of schools had received computers from tenders such as HP ProBook 450 G8 and a few others that do not work with HDMI 2.0 standards.

Since the interactive display does not allow changing that setting, the computer does not work with the display no matter the cable that the customer uses.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. The IFP's need a safe eject option for USB Flash drives. There is a safe eject option on computers to keep files from becoming corrupted. These SMART Boards need to have the same option.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. we are in GCC all Arabic counters used smart MX and looking for Arabic Languages pls add.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. I disabled the embedded OS and also created a PIN for students not to re-enable it and changed the default boot source to my PC. But the problem is that the system still askes PIN when I turn on the display. I do not wish it because students can see PIN while I am entering it. I wish the PC to boot directly without asking for PIN.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. It is essential that I can play audio while the screen is paused or shaded. This was possible on earlier versions but no longer works on MX (v2). This is a MAJOR FLAW! I used this frequently to do listening activities in Spanish classes which is a big part of the course. I also enjoyed being able to play soft music in the background while students had work time. Please fix this!

44 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. I know this is minor, but please speed up the time it takes to roll the dice in the Whiteboard app. It is so long right now it kind of makes it unusable. (Or even better, make it a setting.)

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. It Would be great if there was a way to connect a third part graphic tablet like a wacom via HDMI to the Smart panel. It's strange that Smart doesn't have this option. does any developer have any solution on this? it's possible to modify the Smart Android operating system?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?