2122 results found
-
Leaving teacher feedback on Individual Handouts and Group Activities
Right now, if a teacher wants to leave feedback on a student handout, they can write anywhere on the slide. The student can move or delete the feedback, so when the teacher comes back to the slide they don't remember what feedback they left, if the feedback was addressed, or if the student just deleted it without reading it. To keep student work from getting too crowded with feedback and responses, is there a way to leave the feedback off to the side and allow students to indicate that they saw the feedback?
44 votesunder review ·
AdminSMART Technologies Product Management
(Product Manager, SMART Technologies)
responded
Thanks for your feedback. We are looking to add more robust commenting and feedback functionality into assigned activities to facilitate teacher-student communication.
-
Sharing files in more languages on SMART Exchange platform such as Armenian
It would be great if our teachers from Armenia could also post and share files in Armenian on the SMART Exchange platform.
44 votes -
Create/import a roster of students
I would like to be able to create or import a roster in SLS where I put in the student google account emails from my class and attach them to my class. So when they sign in they would already be attached to my class. I teach Kindergarten remotely and anything to make it easier for kindergarteners to be able to access my lessons with minimal steps would be great.
42 votes -
Integrate with Google Classroom
Allow the opportunity to integrate with google classroom so you are able to assign a student-paced lesson right to classroom to utilize for homework or independent practice.
42 votes -
Handout Folder with all student handouts
Is it possible to have a Handout Folder in Lumio of all the students' work not just in the individual lessons themselves?
41 votesunder review ·
AdminSMART Technologies Product Management
(Product Manager, SMART Technologies)
responded
Thanks for your feedback. We will look to improve the way teachers can review student handouts.
-
Adding an interactive dice/ spinner!
Add the option to import an interactive dice or spinner that you can use for math (similar to the widgets on smartnotebook).
41 votes -
Collaboration - Late Adding
It would be great if students could join a collaborative activity. For example, I started an activity on Friday, and we kept it going on Monday. Students who weren't here on Friday could not be added to a group without restarting the activity and resetting everyone's work. Being able to add students to a group once the activity is started would help catch up absent students without putting them in a new handout/activity by themselves.
41 votes -
Allow for longer answers (short answer or essay) in assessments
Short answers are only one to two words long right now. That's not enough to develop an answer at a higher order thinking level. Students need space for at least a paragraph for a short answer, or longer for an essay answer.
40 votes -
Themes in Memory Match
Can we please have more themes for Memory Match?
40 votesWe do have a more generic theme with just abstract card designs planned. Please let us know if you have any other suggestions. Thanks.
-
Download my lesson
I create my lessons, often at home, on my school-assigned MacBook Air but our SMART Boards have dedicated Windows laptops. I would like to be able to upload my lessons to my suite.smarttech.com online account and later download them onto my classroom's SMART Board laptop.
40 votesHi Donna. Thanks for your feedback. Downloading lessons from suite.smarttech.com is planned work for this year. Stay tuned.
-
Sticky Note Widget
I would love to have a sticky note widget that could be used for standards and objectives.
39 votesunder review ·
AdminSMART Technologies Product Management
(Product Manager, SMART Technologies)
responded
Thanks for your feedback. We will consider this as an addition to Lumio's tools.
-
39 votes
-
Create Notebook Lessons online in the new SMART Learning Suite Online
Create Notebook Lessons online in the new SMART Learning Suite Online
39 votes -
Allow Basic Default Settings in Whiteboard to be Adjusted and Customized Permanently
I'm a teacher in the School District of Philadelphia and I had a Smart Board installed in my classroom this year. I really want to use Lumio more but there are several features that I believe can be adjusted to make the lives of teachers a little easier. One of those features is to allow teachers' customized preferences to be set to default instead of constantly having to change them to suit our needs. For example, I highly dislike the thinnest pen setting, and I prefer the medium or larger tipped pen. But every time I open a new file…
38 votesunder review ·
AdminSMART Technologies Product Management
(Product Manager, SMART Technologies)
responded
Thanks for the feedback. We will consider customizable pen settings along with other toolbar settings to help improve the user experience.
-
Uploading content with sound files intact
I teach music and would like to be able to upload my current notebook files to the the online space with the sound files able to be used. My files that I have uploaded already, have no sound.
37 votes -
Student results for activities sent to teacher
It would be great for the teacher to see the results of an activity or have activities available as assessments.
37 votesThanks for the suggestion. We have much work planned on our backlog to save student work and enable teachers to review them. This will be a staged release, where you see some activities like Shout It Out and response getting this feature first with others to follow.
-
Ability to include images in Monster Quiz
It would be of great value to be able to add/include images in the Monster Quiz activity questions and answers. This would allow us to fulfill special accommodations with some students as well as increase the possibilities with the connections being made through the images in the activity (visual--->text).
36 votes -
Individual Student Handout Navigation
When going through individual student handouts it would be nice if I could open an individual handout for a single student and navigate down through the lesson and directly to each subsequent handout for that particular student until I had them all graded.
36 votesunder review ·
AdminSMART Technologies Product Management
(Product Manager, SMART Technologies)
responded
Thanks for this great suggestion.
-
Hide or skip slides
It would be nice if you could 'hide' or 'skip' a slide in a lesson, so that it is still there for the teacher for possible reference or future use, but not visible for students.
36 votes -
horizontal / vertical flip cards
Make flip cards with an option of vertical or horizontal to use with equations on front and answers on back
36 votes
- Don't see your idea?