Skip to content

SMART Notebook

Our team is working hard towards improving the product, and we would love to get your feedback on features and issues. Also, check back often to vote on ideas and see where your ideas are in the pipeline.

SMART Notebook

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

23 results found

1. This is something that is requested in every edition - it was added as a SMART setting for the boards with different pens but the MX series or the 24 version of SMART notebook still does not have any user customizable settings for default pen line width. We still have to click pen, line size dropdown, smallest option, EVERY TIME we change colors. It's infuriating!

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Until the latest update, it was possible to stretch images in SMART Notebook horizontally or vertically only, but this ability disappeared in the new version. I've used horizontal image stretching for years, to illustrate how the unique tissue which lines the urinary bladder distorts without tearing as the bladder distends and empties in my A&P I lectures. I'm sure that one-dimensional stretching has applications for other courses' visual demonstrations too. Any chance that such a one-way-only resizing option can be restored? Losing it kind of spoiled one of my best tricks with my Anatomy I displays.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Dear Support Team,

I am writing to express my deep dissatisfaction with the latest version of Smart Notebook, which has been causing significant disruptions in my workflow. After using the software for six years, I have never encountered such persistent issues, and I am now reconsidering whether to continue my subscription.

Here is a list of the major problems I’ve encountered:

• The software crashes at least twice per hour, making it highly unreliable.
    • It offers to restore lost data after a crash, but this function does not work as promised.
    • The handling of tables is terrible, with constant glitches that…
    4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Anna

I understand your frustration. If you would be willing to send us some of the .notebook files where you experience these issues, it would help us identify and resolve the issues as quickly as possible.

If so, please reach out to https://www.smarttech.com/connect-with-smart/contact-support to send the files to the Notebook product team.

Thank you.

4. "Please update the way you can change fonts in an entire lesson. Would like a way to automatically change the fonts of an entire slide similar to how it is done in PowerPoint, instead of having to change fonts one by one." Submitted on behalf of a customer, case 00761693

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. We would like an actual square root symbol with the top line attached. Currently we only have the front "check" part.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Please fix the pen alignment problems when extending a page.

Overall, this software is at its most glitchy and buggy that it's ever been.

When trying to complete a handwriting lesson, using a Smart dedicated lined handwriting paper background, when I extend the page, it messes up the alignment of the pen, so what was once written nicely on the line, is now floating in the air!

This is just one of many glitchy problems. Are your software engineers looking at all these bugs?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Please add Transparent Background Mode back into SB24. We have developed our teaching pedagogy and learned to stack windows in a certain order with SMART Notebook software on top to utilize this feature. This feature was helpful and built into our teaching practices.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Include the 'Autosave' option as they used to get with other apps such as Microsoft Word. Submitted on behalf of customer case: 00774265

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Durch Ziehen am Anfasser kann man die Größe eines Objektes ändern. Für Formen ist das in Version 22 nur proportional möglich, in Version 24 nur frei. Jeweils unabhängig vom Drücken der Shift-Taste! Grafiken lassen sich nur proportional skalieren.
    Es wäre sinnvoll, das Verhalten zu vereinheitlichen:
    Konsequenterweise sollte in jeder Version und für alle relevanten Objekte (Form oder Grafik) das Verhalten gleich sein: ohne Shift freie Größenänderung, mit Shift proportional.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Es sollte einfacher sein, *.flipchart-Dateien zu importieren. Das hinterlegte *.flp-Format ist längst obsolet. Der Import über *.iwb erfolgt leider nicht verlustfrei.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Get a recent files list when right-clicking on the SMART Notebook icon in the taskbar while using SMART Notebook 24.
    Used to be there now disappeared. Really useful when planning the day ahead and then closing the files before going home.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Please add Transparent Background Mode back into SB24. We have developed our teaching pedagogy and learned to stack windows in a certain order with SMART Notebook software on top to utilize this feature. This feature was helpful and built into our teaching practices. We use other pertinent software below the SB Transparent Mode. This feature allows us to strongly enhance any weaknesses in other software.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. The current SMART Cleanup Utility does a decent job, but it doesn’t seem to catch all leftover files or registry entries from previous installations. This can create issues during uninstallation and reinstallation, causing registry conflicts that prevent new installs from working properly. Users sometimes have to resort to third-party tools with elevated privileges in Safe Mode to manually delete problematic registry entries, which is not an ideal solution.

It would be beneficial to improve the SMART Cleanup Utility or update the installation process to better handle these leftover files and registry entries to avoid similar issues in the future.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. I use SmartNotebook all the time, but my school just changed my board to a BenQ. I cannot use the writing feature on the board.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Exporting pdf's still has issues with highlighting covering up text and also no options as per the old version 22!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

My apologies, Timothy. On further investigation, we were able to replicate this error. It only happen when the highlighter is added in a 23.x version of Notebook and then opened in 24.0. We will fix this error as quickly as possible. In the interim, if you delete an then reapply the highlighter, your PDFs will print normally from 24.0.

Our sincere apologies for the inconvenience.

17. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Please can you bring back Vortex sort in the tool kit. It was a great resource.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Aus 4k Presenter ist kein PDF Export möglich. Bitte ermöglichen.
    Die Druckfunktion in 4k Presenter druckt nur ein weißes Blatt.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Auf Smart-Display erstelltes Tafelbild wird in SMART Notebook nicht vollständig angezeigt. Ich solle die Datei in 4K Presenter öffnen?
    Es kann doch kein Problem sein, die Datei entsprechend zu skalieren? Bitte diese Funktion in Notebook einbauen.
    Alternativ: warum startet 4k Presenter nicht automatisch?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thomas, können Sie bitte klarstellen, welche Version von SMART Notebook Sie verwenden? 4K Presenter ist eine Funktion von Notebook 22.1 und früher. Bei Notebook 23.0 ist 4K Presenter die Standardeinstellung. Das Seitenverhältnis entspricht dem des iQ Whiteboards. Bilder sollten keine Änderungen erfordern, um korrekt angezeigt zu werden. Wenn Sie eine Notebook-Version verwenden, die 22.1 oder älter ist, empfehlen wir Ihnen, auf unsere neueste Version, SMART Notebook 24.0, zu aktualisieren. Sie sollte Ihnen das gewünschte Erlebnis bieten.

← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?