Skip to content

Lumio

Our team is working hard towards improving Lumio, and we would love to get your feedback on features and issues. Also, check back often to vote on ideas and see where your ideas are in the pipeline.

Lumio

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

89 results found

1. Since I teach four classes the same math lesson. I have to have 4 copies of the same lesson since it automatically saves any changes that I make during the lesson. I would like the option to save or not save the file when going back to the homepage.

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  Joe Coplen responded

Hi Vickie. Thank you for your feedback. Do you use any activities such as Shout It Out in the lessons that you teach? One of the side effects of not saving lesson changes and reusing the same lesson is that any student data/work will be lost.

Also, what kind of changes do you not want to save? If it’s a page designed as an activity where you move objects, one workaround is to convert the page to a “Handout” activity, which gives you the ability to “play” the activity and easily reset it back to the original state. Would that help with your workflow?

This is certainly something we will consider, but I wanted to make sure we explored some alternatives.

2. 13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your suggestion. Are you looking to use the application with students who are remote and not in the classroom?

3. Please make the character in responses unlimited!!

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Instead of characters could we upload an image for a question in speed race, game show and monster quiz.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. I'd like to be able to set groups on a collaborative work space activity based upon seating charts instead of random heterogeneous groups and moving afterwards. I like the heterogeneous groups for some activities but not all.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your feedback, Erin. We will consider this for our backlog. As a workaround for now, you can re-adjust the groups after the initial random set by dragging and dropping the student names. It is more cumbersome because you will likely have to do this every time.

6. I would like for students while in centers to be able to work on 2 different activities at the same time. Such as one group on monster quiz and one a document that I created.

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for your suggestion. We may be able to support this use case soon with some of the work that we are doing around asynchronous lesson access for students. Stay tuned.

7. There is no way to get rid of objects on the regular lesson pages.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the feedback, Kate. We may be adding more editing functionality to the delivery experience to tweak the content. May I ask if the delete is for removing new objects created with infinite cloner?

If the page with the infinite cloner is meant as an activity, one way to deal with objects created is to explicitly convert the page to a Handout activity. Not only does this enable all students to interact with the activity, but it also allows you to reset the activity, thus removing objects created with infinite cloner.

8. Please allow cell shade to work on the lessons after they are uploaded as a Notebook file.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for your feedback. We will continue to improve support for Notebook interactive features in SMART Learning Suite Online.

9. I would like to be able to embed other videos from other educational websites. When creating my smart notebook files.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the suggestion, Ryan. Would you need to be able to search for these videos, or is it ok to just copy and paste links into the lesson?

10. in order to facilitate grading for teachers using g suite, we should have the capability to convert the results of an entire class who took a response 2 to a google sheet. As it stands, we can only convert results to an excel document.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Good suggestion, Zach. We will explore this for our backlog. Is there a particular format for how we should export the data in Google Sheets to make grading even easier?

11. If a student is absent, the student should be able to access content from missed class lesson. Teacher should be able to assign to student to complete. Teacher should be able to set a start and stop date - this could be pushed out to all students for a review.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your suggestion. We are planning on supporting students accessing lessons outside of class. We will consider the suggestion to add start and stop dates as well.

12. When I upload a ppt into SMART, it doesn't keep my transitions (some of which are important to the content)

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Currently, Shout it Out is teacher driven and all students are directed to the activity when the teacher launches it. If the Shout it Out had the option of "student paced" students would to be able to submit images as evidence of learning after completing other SMART activities without having to have the teacher continuously launch Shout it Out.

25 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for your feedback, Candace. That is a very interesting use case for Shout It Out. We do have plans to make other aspects of SMART Learning Suite Online student paced, and they may address your use case even if they are not directly related to Shout It Out.

14. 4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for the feedback. What would be your preferred default for the colour and thickness? Is the current default too thick or too thin?

15. Being able to revert back to the original presentation after choosing to change the slides to be interactive.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your feedback, Yelena. If you converted a page to be interactive in creation mode, you can undo the change. We will look at adding undo to delivery mode in the future.

16. I would like to see the name generator hat icon available to the left side of an SLSO notebook ready to use at anytime with one click of a button.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Good idea, Candace. We are working on adding interactive randomizers to lessons in SLS Online. A persistent randomizer for student names makes a lot of sense. Perhaps we can do that in the class panel to automatically pick the name of one of the connected students.

17. It`s one function I have missed in SMART amp and that I hope would be possible to include in SLSO; When ss are able to sign in, and if I give them something to work on at home, or at school, I really want to get a notification in SLSO when ss have done any changes in their workspaces. In SMART amp I had to go through all of the ws or go to Google disk to see who had been signed in.

Another thing that would be perfect is if we could hand out different ws to different groups…

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Kristin. It’s great to hear from you. We will definitely take this into account when we design the new features in SLS Online.

18. Timeline Matching Game

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the suggestion. We will consider it for our backlog. If you have more details or sketches of what this activity would look like, can you please send them to us?

19. Allow teachers to record their voice in SMART LAB activities to read the questions and answers for students with low literacy. Ability to turn the voice overs on and off.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. I teach maths and would like the pupils to be able to manipulate geometrical figures

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for your feedback. We will continue to add support for more interactive content from SMART Notebook lessons.

• Don't see your idea?