Skip to content

SMART Ink

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

20 results found

1. At the moment we have to use annotate.net to achieve this on the Chromebooks. Lots of primary schools in the UK are moving staff over to Chromebooks and there are no Smart Ink tool options to support us when we aren't in Lumio, i.e the way Smart Ink works on all areas of the screen on all applications outside of Smart Notebook in Windows.

Like annotate.net it could be a simple Chrome extension.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Objects in Smart Meeting Pro can have links attached, a nice feature except for the pop up which appears every single time you try to use a link.
    I would like for to be able to toggle this pop-up globally, or have the option when adding a link to make it 'trusted'.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Oops! Turns out the reseller was wrong, and I know some of my teachers that actually use the markup capabilities of the SmartBoard are going to be upset.

I hear you are working on Chromebook drivers to enable SmartInk and other tools. Here's a strong vote to roll that out soon! Our reasoning for converting from iMACs to Chromebooks is that we want our teachers using the Google cloud-based tools and the same HW/SW platform the students use so that they become at least as familiar with the platform as the students are expected to be. We are now one-to-one…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. We are a language school and we offer Arabic to our students. It would be really useful for our Arabic teacher if you include Arabic in the language options for SMART ink.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. We have an instructor that uses PowerPoint in the browser, and she loves using the Smart Podium to annotate over the PPT. However, she also really likes using a clicker to navigate between slides. However, when she annotates on the PPT, the focus leaves the web page, so she often needs to click on the PPT to be able to use the clicker again, which defeats the purpose of the clicker.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. smartboard 7075-V2, the whiteboard software needs a straight line drawing tool, we have a number of economics and chemistry classes in which this unit is used and we could really use an option for lines that can then be drawn with the pen.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. The Desktop and Whiteboard buttons live on the top left of the display. It would be helpful to have keyboard shortcuts for them as they are too high for some of our staff, and if we drop the board to suit them, the entire board is too low for others. Adjustable height wall mounts for the boards don't seem to make financial sense .They cost almost as much as the board.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. We are using smart board in our school and we would love to have the option of Hebrew in smart ink.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. When I use OneNote with my 6065S smartboard, I'm experiencing a low performance: the line is jiggering as you draw, resulting in a delayed appearance of the drawing and a bit clunky text/notes (see the attached video for how it looks like). It works fine with other Office365 applications like Excel, Power Point and Word.
    I noticed that there is a special plugin loading for Excel, Word, and Power point (SMARTink-Word-all). Maybe the plugin similar to this can solve the issue?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. SMART Touch Inking Tool (The SMART Touch Inking Tool allows you to draw or write with your finger) can be turned off each time but it comes back.
    Would like to have only one Toolbar instead of a Pen Toolbar and Touch Toolbar

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Allow users to change the default settings to the markers, so when I pick up the marker, it will already be the thickness and color I want. This used to be an option on the older versions of smartboard.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. In SMART Ink, SMART PowerPoint plug-in by default causes the issue that hyperlinks in ppt's no longer work. This can be very confusing for new users - specially in teaching environments. It would be better if this feature was disabled by default - or be configurable by the administration

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello and thank you for finding this issue for us. You are correct, if you have a connected computer to a panel, and are connected to that input, it would appear that you cannot dynamically create hyperlinks inside powerpoint. I will log this as a bug, however, I cannot guarantee a resolution date. 

The work around for this would be to disconnect from the input and restart PowerPoint. When you are not connect to the input, even though you still have drivers installed, PowerPoint will dynamically create hyperlinks for websites you type into a slide. 

13. We updated to the MX series V3 district-wide (750 panels). I consistently get feedback that teachers don't like the automatic capture acetate/overlay. Once that pops up, they can no longer interact with the browser. They'd prefer that this feature be enabled/disabled in the settings so they can turn it off and on. As it is right now, they have to choose save/discard, close the frame, and put down the pen in order to interact with the browser.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. We need to be able to move the smart ink clearing tool to a different position on the screen. Having it in the upper right corner hides vital info and buttons on some webpages. *Enlarging the button would help as well!

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Please bring back the hardware settings for pen defaults on the Smart Podium. There is no reason why I shouldn't be able to set a default line thickness for the quick launch buttons on the right of the display. This feature is available for Smart Boards, why not the Smart Podium.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. The latest versions of Smart Meeting Pro is only applicable for Windows. A Mac-version should be developed too. Is there a MAC release on the roadmap?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. I am using SMART Ink to annotate PowerPoint slides for technical teaching classes and I am missing the function to delete all SMART Ink objects on all slides at once. At the moment it is just possible to delete each object one by one. Especially if you miss to save a separate "empty" version of the presentation it is a lot of work afterwards...

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. 4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Would it be possible to add a function to disable finger touch input? We got the new Smart Podium SP624 and don't need the touch input it only creates small useability problems for our users.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Please can you add the feature when you pick up the pen the dynamic toolbar appears and when the pen is in the pen tray the dynamic toolbar disappears.

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?