Skip to content

Lumio

Our team is working hard towards improving Lumio, and we would love to get your feedback on features and issues. Also, check back often to vote on ideas and see where your ideas are in the pipeline.

Lumio

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

35 results found

1. Being able to change the lock features would allow for interactive options for students to move items and slide things in a uniform manner. This is currently available in Notebook and it would be great to add it into Lumio.

28 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Making 140 copies of the same packet, taking all those packets home on Friday in a filing box looking like I have just been fired, spreading out the packets on our dining room table, angering my wife and giving me anxiety are the days of the past.

THANK YOU LUMIO for releasing me of this burden!

To help my gradebook, I would love to download the edited student worksheets to place in a file on my computer.

This would allow teachers to more effectively share work with Special Education Case Managers for student work samples.
    This would allow grading teachers…

38 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. We desperately need the option to add another teacher to a class. I teach with another teacher, with the younger grades, and it's difficult for them to have to log out of one class, to log into another class. Try explaining that to a 5 year old remotely... Also when we (Teachers) have a different class code, any slides we make we have to remember to share the link with the other teacher, but then if one of us updates the slide, the change will not reflect in the other teachers account. We need to be able to collaborate. We…

479 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. I love that a few of the activities that I have already been using in Desmos have been converted into Lumio, but there are so many more great ones. I would love to have instructions on how to add them myself or place to request specific ones.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Activities  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. When using the new SMART templates in Lumio, they don't seem to be rendering correctly, or consistently. This problem, likely a bug, makes it difficult to navigate the thumbnails. Currently, the slides are after only showing the template content rather than the content that I am adding to the template slide.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Steve. Thanks for reporting the issue. We are working on addressing this. Currently, it takes a bit of time for the thumbnails to update, so you may find that if you go back to the lesson after a few hours, it does update to show your changes. However, our planned improvements will make the thumbnails much quicker to update.

6. The Smart Learning Suite Online virtual whiteboard activities would be a great resource for my online math lessons, but right now there is no pen feature available for creating the activities (only text) and there is no equation editor. If both of these things were available for creating the activity I would probably use it in my math classes regularly.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Live Preview of Handouts (thumbnails). Allow teachers to have a live preview of handouts w/o selecting the individual handout. So, where we now see the student name, the actual handout would appear

40 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. I have noticed that once I start a review of an individual response, other students change their answers before I get a chance to review the answer with them.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

planned  ·  1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. 69 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  Joe Coplen responded

Hi. Thanks for your suggestion. Our dev team recently did a hackathon and demonstrated this functionality. We are planning to support this in the future.

10. Provide more characters for writing longer questions/ prompts in games.

93 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

planned  ·  1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. If you do a lesson in smart learning suite it does not show up in the smart board program, where there are many more tools you can use for a lesson

55 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your feedback. We will add the ability to download lessons as .notebook files in the future.

12. My district currently utilizes the free Limited Mode version of SMART Notebook. We are interested in Smart Learning Suite Online, but before we can buy, I need SLSO to allow users to create NEW notebook file. We are a G Suite for Education district and are in a transition to Chromebooks. Our teachers have Windows computers currently, but we cannot adopt any solution that precludes the use of a Chromebook as an option for a planned purchase of new faculty laptops in June 2021. We are looking to establish a recommended and supported standard for our teacher's instructional and interactive…

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for taking the time to send us such thorough feedback. We do plan on expanding on our lesson creation feature set in 2019. However, since Notebook is a large and complex application, we would really appreciate feedback on the prioritization of different creation features. If you don’t mind, please reply to this message, and we can reach out to you directly about the details.

13. It would be really great if lined paper and grid paper backgrounds would show up when the notebook file is shared with the SMART boards.

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the feedback, Bernadette. We are planning to support backgrounds better in both SMART Board iQ and SMART Learning Suite Online.

14. Being able to add/create equations within the class lab activities would be great.

33 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the suggestion, Jon. We have this in our backlog. Look for it in the future.

15. The zoom control doesn't show in handouts, only in presentation slides. This is really frustrating! My students are using chromebooks and for some reason they can pinch to zoom in, but then when they try to zoom back out it doesn't work. We need the ability to zoom in, out, and scroll easily as we pleased, just like when using SMARTamp.
    For heavy SMARTamp users like myself and my students, the transition to SLSO has been pretty frustrating.

Please fix this ASAP!

Thanks!

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Jesus. Sorry about the issues. Thanks for letting us know. This is a bug, and we will address it ASAP.

16. I'd like to be able to establish separate classes, and within those classes have a class list and pre-made teams. My students work in teams for the quarter and it is tedious to add them to the same teach each time we do an activity.

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Tracy. Thank you for your suggestion. We will be adding support for multiple classes this fall, and we will also consider your suggestion of having persistent teams for our backlog.

17. I teach Secondary. The current themes and sounds offered are tremendously youthful.

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the suggestion, Miss Donni. We are planning to address the need for more appropriate themes for older students by enabling teachers to customize themes to match the subject matter of the activity. Would this help with teen student engagement?

18. I teach seven different groups (session in each is 45 minutes). It would be really helpful if I could add few classes with different IDs.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi. Thanks for your feedback. This work is highly requested and planned in our backlog. Stay tuned for future updates.

19. I create my lessons, often at home, on my school-assigned MacBook Air but our SMART Boards have dedicated Windows laptops. I would like to be able to upload my lessons to my suite.smarttech.com online account and later download them onto my classroom's SMART Board laptop.

38 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Donna. Thanks for your feedback. Downloading lessons from suite.smarttech.com is planned work for this year. Stay tuned.

20. Students can zoom in on regular pages, but not on workspace pages. Can that feature be added?

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Megan. Yes, absolutely. We will add the zooming controls to Workspace activities. For now, if you are on a touch device, you can pinch and zoom.

← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?