Skip to content

Lumio

Our team is working hard towards improving Lumio, and we would love to get your feedback on features and issues. Also, check back often to vote on ideas and see where your ideas are in the pipeline.

Lumio

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

87 results found

1. Hi.
    I really want to be able to open two or more Lumiofiles at the same time.

And if I open a Lumiofile in my classroom in the morning, I wish I could open an other one in my office at the same time.

It`s not possible to do this even if I use different browser og Inprivate

Best regards Kristin Skage

32 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Delivery  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. It would be helpful to be able to have more than one Lumio doc open at a time. With Smart Notebook I could get ready for the whole day in the morning. That's not possible with Lumio because only one doc at a time can be open.

32 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Whiteboard  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. AP testing currently allows TI calculators (not desmos).
    Using a TI-84 emulator, I have to leave the presentation to show how to use the calculator. This info cannot then be broadcast/shared with student screens.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Sería realmente útil para muchos profesores que trabajamos la lectoescritura en edades tempranas si Lumio incluyera algunas fuentes en cursiva tipo Massallera.

It would be really useful for many teachers working on early literacy if Lumio would include some cursive fonts as Massallera.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. 3d content as it used to be, and from Trimble 3d resources, is no longer supported in Notebook and in Botswana in particular, we have many government schools who use 3d content extensively. Much of what was on Notebook is available on Lumio now. Please look into adding 3d content that can be manipulated, rotated and seen from a variety of angles. Thank you.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Content  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. It would be very beneficial and time efficient if we were given the ability to move around multiple slides when we are preparing a lesson. We are currently able to only move around one slide at a time which makes it very time consuming if we need to move multiple slides around.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Love the new option to create Lumio folders in Google Drive. WOULD love it even more, if those folders appeared in Lumio as well. Example: I created a folder for math lessons in Google Drive. Would like to be able to view, use, locate and open a file from those folders in Lumio. Can you make this possible?

124 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Our province uses Brightspace by D2L as an LMS. When we try to embed a Lumio lesson, there is a connection error when a student tries to login, forcing them to enter the lesson on a separate tab.

It would be more user friendly, especially for younger students, if they can access the Lumio lesson embedded within the LMS, rather than navigating away.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Not sure if there is a feature on here but I would love for there to be a Geoboard function for teachers to add to our slides for lessons or activities for students to explore.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Activities  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Activities  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. I'm struggling to understand why Lumio has so many enrichment and interactive activities, yet doesn't have the same basic tools as Notebook. I've spent years creating my slides in Notebook, most with special fonts/ animations/ tools not offered in Lumio.

Why spend time perfecting my lessons in Notebook, only to have to re-edit everything once I upload to Lumio before sharing with students?
    Why start fresh in Lumio when I have less than half the options & tools I normally use in my lessons?

Notebook & Lumio might as well be two separate companies because they have basically nothing in…

145 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for your feedback! We love Notebook too; we've added functionality to it over the last 20 years and there's a lot in there.    

We plan on continuing to add support for the best of Notebook features in Lumio and making your Notebook files work better when imported to Lumio. For example, we recently added support for shapes and lines and the MathType equation editor.  

We would appreciate your input to help us prioritize the features that are the most important to you. Let us know your favorite specific features by voting on ideas.  If you don't see your feature suggested already, create a new idea.   

Thank you again, your suggestions will help shape the development of Lumio.

12. ESPECIALLY in today's remote/hybrid world -- SMART has many opportunities for collaboration. I enjoy my students playing games together through SMART, but needing to access a separate website for spinners, cards, and dice is really challenging for young learners. Please help! :)

595 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Teachers need to be able to insert guided questions at stopping points throughout ready-made videos or those they have created on their own. EdPuzzle and Nearpod both allow this and it's a game-changer for blended learning. Also, check out the Modern Classrooms Project.org to see how these videos allow teachers to assist other students while the majority are using self-paced videos. If I were to ever go back into the classroom, I would teach that way!

70 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Our district upgraded our smartboards to the 6000 series this summer. I am changing my notebook files to lumio so I can use them on the board.

In lumio, I am finding it difficult to use the tools I had on smart notebook files, Like a line tool. I dont know why they would take most of those things out but I used them very frequently and now I dont know how to get to any of it. Please just make a smart notebook toolbar in lumio.

107 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for your feedback! We love Notebook too; we've added functionality to it over the last 20 years and there's a lot in there.  

We plan on continuing to add support for the best of Notebook features in Lumio and making your Notebook files work better when imported to Lumio. For example, we recently added support for shapes and lines and the MathType equation editor.

We would appreciate your input to help us prioritize the features that are the most important to you. Let us know your favorite specific features by voting on ideas.  If you don't see your feature suggested already, create a new idea. 

Thank you again, your suggestions will help shape the development of Lumio.

15. Please provide a way to transfer, export, or convert Lumio files into Smart Notebook files.

84 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. When going through individual student handouts it would be nice if I could open an individual handout for a single student and navigate down through the lesson and directly to each subsequent handout for that particular student until I had them all graded.

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Delivery  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. When making an activity for individual response, it would be helpful to have the option to view all students responses on one screen. Currently, we can see individual student responses by selecting a student name, but when monitoring student work, it would be helpful to view all in addition to the ability to view individually. I've attached an image from whiteboard.fi to show a visual.

187 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. We REALLY need the ability to use gifs in our lessons. They are engaging and useful!

131 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Why is there a limit on the number of objects that can be selected while editing? This really limits my ability to create Lumio lessons. I was making a music worksheet and found that there was a limit of 50 objects that could be selected with Command - A.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Editing  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Please enable the option for students to access and complete SLSO Response formative assessments via a shared link. Teachers would like to administer a formative assessment to their students asynchronously, rather than during a live lesson. Perhaps the teacher could "end" access to the assessment by choosing to "stop sharing" the link.

74 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?